It’s Time to Register for WatchGuard Network Security Essentials Training!
Are you an IT specialist in Minneapolis interested in working with world-renowned, award-winning cybersecurity hardware and software? It all starts with WatchGuard’s Network Security Essentials Training. This four day training will introduce WatchGuard customers to the basics of successfully implementing WatchGuard Firewalls and all of the security services that are included.
Prerequisites include being moderately experienced in network administration and a basic understanding of TCP/IP networking. No previous experience with network security, WatchGuard System Manager, or WatchGuard hardware is required.
Preparing for WatchGuard Network Security Essentials Training
In this four day course, WatchGuard and Verus Corp will take your through the basics of configuration and management of the following:
- WatchGuard Firebox (XTM) Configuration and Installation
- Networking and NAT Methods (Network Address Translation)
- Creating Fireware Policies and Proxies – HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, FTP and TCP
- Deep Packet Inspection over HTTPS
- Branch Office VPN Configuration
- Mobile User VPN’s – IKEv2, SSL, L2TP, iOS, and IPSEC (Mobile User)
- Web Traffic and WebBlocker Policy Implementation
- SMTP and SPAMBlocker Policy and Quarantine Setup
- Threat Detection and Response (TDR)
- Reputation Enabled Defense (RED)
- Botnet Detection
- Application Blocker
- Intrusion Prevention (IPS)
- Geolocation Capabilities
- Gateway Antivirus Configuration (GAV and Cylance AV)
- WatchGuard Dimension and Dimension Command
- WatchGuard Monitoring, Logging and Reporting
- WatchGuard Web User Interface
- WatchGuard Mobile Management Capabilities (MDM)
- Authentication – Active Directory, Firebox DB, RADIUS, SecureID and LDAP
- Threat Protection
- Ransomware Protection
- Support and Troubleshooting
WatchGuard also offers an online introduction class that will help you prepare for the course. It’s ideal for people new to network administration or those looking to learn the basics of networking and network security. It’s the perfect supplement to help you prepare for the more intensive in-person training.
Upcoming dates in Minneapolis are September 24-27 and November 12th-15th. To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Fireware Training.”
While Verus currently offers only the Network Security Essentials Training, WatchGuard offers several other trainings that are built to help customers install, configure, and manage their line of products. Both online and in-person courses are available, and work well in tandem to give you an all-inclusive overview of implementation.
Courses that WatchGuard currently offers include the aforementioned Network Security Essentials, along with Secure Wi-Fi Essentials and Multi-Factor Authentication Essentials. All courses provide a technical certification, which you can obtain by passing an exam.
They also offer a variety of study materials to aid in your exam preparations.
You can view their full range of upcoming trainings on WatchGuard’s Training Schedule page.