Verus Corporation is a privately held network infrastructure management and strategic IT consulting company. We evaluate network infrastructure needs to design and implement reliable and secure IT infrastructures. Since 2002, Verus has designed and installed over 500 networks, ranging from five users to large data centers with thousands of users.
We are looking to add a Network Engineer to our team of engineers. Verus offers a unique opportunity for technology growth; due to the diverse nature of our clients, our engineers see more in a given week or month than most engineers see in a year.
We offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment focused on collaboration and delivering IT excellence while maintaining an employee focused, relaxed culture.
A Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. A Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configure and deploy networking devices and technologies (e.g., routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, VPN, QoS).
- Work with the Network Manager for designing, planning and implementing network designs
- Provide technical expertise in all phases of equipment/application life cycles beginning with initial planning and feasibility analysis through implementation and enhancements
- Work with multiple networking technologies such as Cisco, HP, WatchGuard, Ruckus, Microsoft, VMWare and many others
- Work with network carriers for test and turn up of WAN technologies
- Continuous and professional interaction with customers
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Complete time logs in our systems and ensure accuracy and timely billing of customers
- Candidate must excel at completing tasks on time and on budget
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- College Degree preferred but not required
- Cisco CCENT; CCNA or CCDA preferred – or equivalent experience
- WatchGuard firewall experience is a plus
- Must be highly proficient and experienced with routing, switching, wireless, firewalls, security, and data center networking
- Minimum 2 years specifically in the networking field; additional experience is a plus
- Multi-manufacturer experience is a big plus
- Must have skills to work with network carriers for test and turn up of WAN technologies
- Must be highly self-motivated and willing to learn
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have solid knowledge of security best practices.
- Able to configure and manage firewalls, primarily Cisco and WatchGuard.
- Knowledge of WAN optimization and load balancing is also a plus
- Must be able to travel in the local area if needed
Benefits & Compensation:
- Salary commensurate with experience – monthly performance bonuses based on utilization, efficiency, and billing targets.
- Benefits offered
For inquires Contact: