Sr. Network Engineer
Verus is a privately held, rapidly growing Technology Strategic Consulting and Services firm.
What is our purpose? We specialize in IT strategy planning for IT Professionals and organizations that view technology as an integral part of their business success. We partner with clients to create a technology vision that serves the business now and for its future. We offer consulting, strategies, and services customized to each client to drive business objectives using technology.
How do we operate? Our culture is fast-paced, dynamic and flexible. We focus on collaboration and delivering IT excellence, while maintaining a work atmosphere that is committed to each of our employee’s engagement and growth. Verus is Latin for “true”. We chose this because we are committed to doing what we say we will do, and when we say we will do it. Verus believes that building long-lasting, sustainable relationships with our client partners and team members truly differentiates us.
Why work at Verus? Besides the opportunity to work with our amazing team of dedicated technology professionals, Verus offers a unique opportunity for technology growth; due to the diverse nature of our clients, our engineers see more in a given week or month than most engineers see in a year.
What expertise is required?
A Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and repairing network infrastructure and application components. A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation, and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. A Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Cisco CCENT; CCNA or CCDA preferred – or equivalent experience
- Proficient and experienced with routing, switching, wireless, firewalls, security, and data center networking
- Configure and deploy networking devices and technologies (e.g., routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, VPN, QoS).
- Collaborate with the network team colleagues on designing, planning, and implementing network designs
- Provide technical expertise in all phases of equipment/application life cycles beginning with initial planning and feasibility analysis through implementation, maintenance, and elements
- Manage and configure multiple networking technologies such as Cisco, HP, WatchGuard, Ruckus, Microsoft, VMWare and many others
- Work with network carriers for testing and turn up of WAN technologies
- Continuous and professional interaction with customers
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones, and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- College Degree preferred but not required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Thrives in a team environment with the ability to deliver individual results
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Impeccable attention to details
Benefits & Compensation
- Healthcare Benefits offered
- Utilization compensation bonus
- On-call compensation
- Free home-cooked breakfast Monday and Friday, with snacks and a stocked fridge full of edibles and refreshments the entire week
- Salary commensurate with experience – monthly performance bonuses based on utilization and efficiency.
- Exceptional retirement options with generous match
- Career-focused continuing education reimbursement
- Family Friendly
- Flexible schedule
Qualified individuals can send resume and cover letter to email@example.com