Verus Corporation is a privately held network infrastructure management and strategic IT consulting company. We evaluate network infrastructure needs to design and implement reliable and secure IT infrastructures. Since 2002, Verus has supported small to medium-sized businesses with a vast amount of local and remote user needs. We pride ourselves on being IT for IT, and that is where you come in.
We are looking to add a Sr. Network Engineer to our team of engineers. Verus offers a unique opportunity for technology growth. Due to the diverse nature of our clients, our engineers see more in a given week or month than most engineers see in a year.
We offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment focused on collaboration and delivering IT excellence while maintaining an employee-focused culture.
A Sr. Network Engineer performs numerous functions for Verus customers: discovery, design, configuration, installation, training, and maintenance. Documentation and diagramming skills are also necessary. A Sr. Network Engineer collaborates and shares knowledge with the team, and must be customer-driven and consultative. This position also requires a cohesive relationship with our sales team to ensure that the solutions we provide meet our customers’ needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuous and professional interaction with customers
- Assist with new projects and new products
- Work with all teams in architecting, designing, and implementing network designs with a security mindset
- Expertly and securely configure and deploy networking technologies (e.g., routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, VPN, QoS, Cloud, and virtualization)
- Agnostic approach to working with network manufacturers such as Cisco, HP, WatchGuard, Ruckus, Microsoft, VMWare and many others.
- Work with providers for test and turn up of WAN and cloud technologies
- Assist the sales team with designs and presentations, and meet with prospective customers
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, communications, and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Complete time logs in our systems to ensure accuracy and timely customer service
- Documentation skills are necessary
- Any other duties as assigned by management within your realm of expertise
- Willing to work nights and weekends when customers require it
- Willing to be on-call. Seven-day rotations amongst all team members (stipends provided)
- College Degree preferred but not required
- Ability and willingness to assemble teams and take charge
- Cisco CCNP; CCDA or CCDP preferred – or equivalent experience in networking
- Must be highly proficient and experienced with routing, switching, wireless, firewalls, security, QoS, and data center networking. Cloud networking is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years specifically in the networking field; additional experience is a plus
- Must be highly self-motivated and willing to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and work to completion
- Must have solid knowledge of security best practices and maintain a mindset of protection and prevention.
- Able to configure and manage firewalls, primarily Cisco and WatchGuard.
- Must be able to travel in the local area if needed, and occasionally to remote locations.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
- Healthcare Benefits offered
- Utilization compensation bonus
- On-call compensation
- Free home-cooked breakfast Monday and Friday, with snacks and a stocked fridge full of edibles and refreshments the entire week
- Salary commensurate with experience – monthly performance bonuses based on utilization and efficiency.