Senior Systems Engineer
Verus is looking to add a Sr. Systems Engineer to our team of engineers. Verus offers a unique opportunity for technology growth; due to the diverse nature of our clients, our engineers see more in a given week or month than most engineers see in a year.
We offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment focused on collaboration and delivering IT excellence while maintaining an employee focused, relaxed culture.
A Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of server infrastructure and application components. A Sr. Systems Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the server performance meets company and user satisfaction. A Sr. Systems Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding server configurations and installations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Candidate must be proficient in working with sales staff and presenting technical designs to customers
• Design, configure, and maintain complex server/compute environments
• Design, configure, and maintain complex virtual environments including VMWare and/or Hyper-V
• Design, configure, and maintain complex storage solutions (SAN, NAS, etc…), including replication and backup strategies, both locally, and into the cloud
• Design, setup and configure Microsoft Server Applications including Exchange, Lync/Skype, SharePoint, IIS, and SQL
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking, and of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
• Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems
• Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
• Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support
• Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
• Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Complete time logs in our systems and ensure accuracy and timely billing of customers
• Candidate must excel at completing tasks on time and on budget
• Any other duties as assigned by management
• Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
• Certifications; VCP, and Microsoft Server and Exchange are a plus (MCITP, MCTS, MCSE/MCSA, MCP)
• Other Certifications; Security+, CCNA, CISSP
• Windows Server
• Office 365 implementation and migrations
• Virtual environments including VMWare and or Hyper-V
• Microsoft Server Applications including Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, IIS, and SQL experience
• Additional certifications required by management
• Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
• Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple projects to completion
• Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
• Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions