What is our purpose?
Verus is a rapidly growing Technology Strategic Consulting firm. We specialize in IT strategy planning for IT Professionals and organizations that view technology as an integral part of their business success. We partner with clients to create a technology vision that serves the business now and for its future.
How do we operate?
Our culture is fast-paced, dynamic, and flexible. We focus on collaboration and delivering IT excellence while maintaining a work atmosphere that is committed to each of our employee’s engagement and growth. Verus is Latin for “true”. We chose this because we are committed to doing what we say we will do, and when we say we will do it. Verus believes that building long-lasting, sustainable relationships means being helpful, kind, gracious, generous, and true with our client partners and our team members. This is essential for innovating and advancing technology goals.
What expertise is required?
Our Service Delivery Manager will lead a team of highly skilled IT Engineers, who are passionately delivering technology solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. We seek qualified candidates who embody a positive, “can do” attitude that executes on client goals with excellence. This is critical for success, and it requires an ability to demonstrate effective communication, organization, and time management skills. Our new Service Delivery Manager will drive our value of “Unity” by leading our team daily, to together, achieve operational and execution excellence through:
- Oversee and advance the daily operations of our engineering team that are in line with Verus Corporation’s goals and objectives
- Design and implement strategies to properly implement client solutions
- Collaborate with colleagues and executives on service delivery strategies
- Monitor the overall progress of project initiatives and timelines
- Coach engineers for productive collaboration, career progression, and proper work/life balance
- Participate in project meetings with engineers and clients
- Establish tools and mechanisms for reporting and capacity planning
- Work with Verus Engineers to clarify and establish daily, weekly, and monthly priorities
- Accept other duties as assigned by their direct supervisor
Our most successful Service Delivery Managers possess the following qualifications and skills:
- 10+ years, strong technical background that wins the respect of technical staff to constructively communicate, collaborate, and problem-solve with staff and clients on technical topics/issues, this should include 5+ years managing teams.
- Ability to lead the team with the shared values and mission of the organization
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- An understanding of a consultative approach to support client needs
- Strong commitment and follow through to drive results
- Has a passion to achieve excellence and process improvement
- Exceptional communication skills reflected in their ability to connect and work effectively with the diverse needs of staff, colleagues, and management team members
- Analytical skills for carefully evaluating information and solving complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or similar experience (MBA preferred)
- Organization and time management skills for tracking numerous and diverse client goals, projects, budgets, employees, capacity, and schedules simultaneously
What else do we offer?
Our compensation and benefits align with the professional services and IT marketplace. We continuously assess new ways we can offer employees a healthy work environment, professional growth, and work/life wellbeing. Currently, this includes:
- Highly competitive pay based on experience
- Healthcare benefits offered
- Exceptional retirement options with a generous match
- Career-focused continuing education reimbursement
- Flexible schedule
- Free home-cooked breakfast Mondays and Fridays with a regularly stocked fridge during the workweek full of snacks and refreshments