How to Choose a Small Business IT Service
Finding the right small business IT service is an absolute necessity. Without one, you remain vulnerable to attacks and infiltration from those who seek to steal from or harm your business. While there are many services available that offer some level of defense, finding an IT service with comprehensive protection.
Investing in IT services is an investment in a more secure future. No matter what the size of your business, from the smallest mom-and-pop to a major corporation, keeping your data and technology safe should be a top priority. Here are some tips for making the right choice:
- Find a service that focuses beyond the scope of IT services. The company that you hire should want to keep their finger on the pulse of your network needs. You’re going to want to speak with them about what technology you use, what you use it for, and the kinds of data that you need to keep safe. Someone who insists on a one-size-fits-all package without listening to your needs probably isn’t the right choice.
- A small business IT service should be willing to speak plainly with you. Unless your small business is also focused on IT services, it can be difficult to understand exactly what protection you’re getting and why you need it. Be wary of someone who seems irritated or frustrated when you ask questions. It could be a sign of poor relations in the future if a problem arises.
- Look for a service that offers packages fit for the needs of your company. While there’s no such thing as “too much protection,” smaller businesses are generally at less risk. Think about it this way: If you’re a small-town clock repair shop, it’s highly unlikely that you’re keeping trade secrets and personal client information stored in your databases. Your technology still needs to be protected from some threats, like malware and viruses, but not necessarily filters designed to comply with privacy regulations.
- Speak with tech companies who have been in the game awhile. They’ll have a better picture of what works and what doesn’t.
- Just because it’s new technology doesn’t mean it’s better. While there is an expectation that IT service companies keep up with the latest in research and advancements, they should be able to weed out the trends from the tech with staying power. Look for a service that has a right mix of new solutions and fundamental technology to back it up.
We’re called Verus for a reason. We seek to embody all that is true, real, and genuine about helping small businesses like yours find IT solutions that work for you. We choose to be true – to ourselves, our employees, our customers, and our business partners. Embracing this ideal allows us to excel at everything we do. Learn more about our services and packages. We look forward to becoming your small business IT service.