WatchGuard Basic vs. Total Security: Protection for Today and Tomorrow
With the ever-present threats to your networks, it is absolutely crucial that you choose a security solution that can stand up to the challenge. That’s where the WatchGuard Firebox comes in. They offer a comprehensive portfolio of services that evolves as the dangers do.
Verus Corp is proud to be WatchGuard’s Partner of the Year. We stand behind their services wholeheartedly. If you’re wondering whether to choose WatchGuard Basic vs. Total Security, check out their list of features below. While the Basic package is appropriate for particular situations, we recommend that customers take advantage of every security service available to them. An ounce of prevention is, after all, worth a pound of cure.
Both WatchGuard Basic and WatchGuard Total Security Include:
- Intrusion Prevention: Uses continually updated signatures to scan traffic and providing real-time prevention against threats.
- URL Filtering: Blocks known malicious sites, as well as inappropriate content. Also helps conserve network bandwidth.
- Gateway Antivirus: Using the same continuously updated signatures employed in the Intrusion Prevention feature, Gateway Antivirus finds and blocks spyware, viruses, trojans, worms, and rogueware, including new versions of old viruses. It also works to track suspicious data constructions to catch new viruses before they slip by.
- Network Discovery: Generates a visual map of every device connected to your network and identifying risks, including open ports and protocols.
- Reputation-Based Threat Protection: Aggregates data from multiple feeds to protect you from malicious sites and botnets, while also dramatically improving overhead processing.
- Spam Prevention: Protection from spam and phishing attacks. This program is so aggressive that it can review up to 4 billion emails per day.
- Application Control: Decide who, what, when, where, and why devices and users are allowed to access applications on your network.
Additional Features Offered with Total Security
- APT Blocker: Uses an award-winning, next-generation sandbox to detect and stop even the most sophisticated threats, including ransomware, zero-day threats, and others that are designed to slip past traditional security systems.
- Threat Detection and Response: Security data is used with enterprise-grade threat intelligence to detect and immediately respond to malware attacks.
- DNSWatch: Detects and blocks suspicious DNS requests, redirecting users to a safe page with information on security best practices
- Data Loss Prevention: Prevent sensitive information from leaving your network via email, web, or file transfer protocol.
- Access Portal: Get access to all cloud-hosted applications in one central location.
- IntelligentAV (antivirus): Automate malware discovery, and classify current and future threats in mere seconds with AI-powered IntelligentAV
These features are for current models and not all subscriptions listed are available for older models. Whether you choose WatchGuard Basic vs. Total Security, you’re going to get an impressive suite of services. Those looking for a more comprehensive security service will find that the Total Security package offers a robust range of dynamic, real-time protection to avoid lost data, time, money, and resources due to network misuse or intrusion. That’s why Verus Corporation stands behind their product. It’s proven effective for businesses time and again. Get in touch to find out more about our partnership and how we can help keep your network secure.