Volume IV, Issue 4 (April, 2018)
I Didn’t Know You Did That
New VerusGuard PRO Monitoring brings best of breed
insight into servers, workstations and networks
The next generation of Network and Workstation/Server Monitoring is here with the new VerusGuard Pro Monitoring Solution.
This toolset was built to solve the problems that mean the most to you – delivering the best service to your employees and improving your IT team’s efficiency. VerusGuard Pro Monitoring lets you meet any challenge, even the most complex networks and datacenters.
Monitor on-premise, in the cloud, and hybrid, all from a single action-oriented platform.
Whether you need granular monitoring of a workstation or server, or need a big picture view Monitoring gives you everything you need at your fingertips.
With VerusGuard Pro Workstation/Server Monitoring benefits include:
- Improved Profitability
- Increased Efficiency
- Compliance Made Easy
- Happy Employees and Employers
- The Power to Choose
- Easy to Use
Workstation/Server Monitoring Features:
Remote Control: Harness the power of Live Connect, the world’s fastest remote control.
Patch Management: Automatically keeps servers and workstations up-to-date and in compliance.
Audit & Inventory: Discover and track every system and software detail – no matter where the machine is located.
Network Performance: Gain insights into CPU, disk, memory, bandwidth, files, logs and more.
Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware: Configure and deploy AV/AM across your entire network.
Cloud Backup: Backup your environment on-premise or to the cloud, all from one place.
Works in Your World
Private and hybrid clouds, virtualized infrastructure, and distributed networks all multiply monitoring headaches. With VerusGuard Pro you’ll be able to easily monitor and manage your networks and datacenters. VerusGuard Pro is built to work across hundreds of different technologies – allowing you to quickly deploy VerusGuard Pro Monitoring into your existing infrastructure.
With VerusGuard Pro Network Monitoring benefits include:
- Rapid Deployment
- Monitor Everything
- Improved Network Health
- Minimized Downtime
- Unify Your Team
- Easily Integrated
Network Monitoring Features:
Topology Discovery: Automatically discover applications, networks, servers and systems.
Service Containers: Create unique, logical, business-oriented views of your infrastructure.
Network Flow Analysis: Seamless drilldown from system and device, to trouble shooting and analysis.
Network Configuration: Backup, restore, and track changes across all your assets.
Event Manager: Collect, filter, and categorize events from SNMP, Win, syslogs, and more.
Predictive Analysis: Enable automated base lining and behavior learning to adjust alert thresholds.
For more information about VerusGuard PRO Monitoring Solution, call 763.354.2200 or email email@example.com today!
News & Notes
Verus and Cisco team up for
Spark Board Demos, Timberwolves basketball game
Verus customers interested in the Cisco Spark Board and Cisco Spark Technology participated in a live Spark Board demo at the Verus office in Coon Rapids and the Cisco office in Bloomington on Monday, March 26. Participants saw how this collaboration technology could help them change the way they do business meetings, collaborate, share files, communicate and more. After the live demo, the two groups boarded shuttle buses to the newly renovated Target Center, where they enjoyed a Minnesota Timberwolves game from a Treasure Island Suite.
Verus employees enjoy outing to MB2 Go Karts Raceway
On Thursday, April 5, Verus employees enjoyed an employee appreciation event to reward everyone for a successful 2017. Employees gathered at MB2 Raceways in Fridley, MN, to do high speed go kart racing, followed by a happy hour at Two Stooges, also in Fridley, afterwards. Employees were able to do up to two 14 lap races each. A good time was had by all.
WatchGuard WiFi Analytics, VerusGuard PRO
Monitoring Solution subject of Timberwolves Suite event
It was a packed house for Verus customers and friends who attended a presentation on WatchGuard WiFi Analytics and VerusGuard PRO Monitoring Solution on Monday, April 9, in a Treasure Island Suite at Target Center. Ryan Poutre, North Central Sales Engineer for WatchGuard, presented first, discussing how WatchGuard’s unique Analytics can help businesses gain more insight and improve their relationship with customers. Then Eric Perry, Senior Systems Engineer for Verus, and Oleg Muravin, Senior Network Engineer for Verus, presented on the new best of breed Network and Workstation/Server monitoring solution, VerusGuard PRO Monitoring Solution. Attendees then enjoyed watching the Minnesota Timberwolves defeat the Memphis Grizzlies while enjoying fantastic food and drinks in the suite.
Ruckus Networks launching line of IoT products
A recent article in PC Magazine highlighted Ruckus Networks plans to launch a new product line based around Internet of Things (IoT) devices. An excerpt is below:
The Internet of Things (IoT) may be one of the hottest tech buzzwords in the last couple of years but it’s also a mess. It’s chaotic. Devices are insecure; they don’t talk to each other, and they don’t use consistent protocols. And the vast majority are unmanageable, with weak security to boot. As an IT professional, chances are you don’t want them on, or for that matter, anywhere near your network. IT Watch bug art Several vendors are looking to change this situation and one of them is Ruckus Networks (formerly Ruckus Wireless), which was recently acquired by consumer networking vendor Arris. Ruckus Networks is known for its enterprise-grade network infrastructure portfolio as well as its mesh networks. Ruckus Networks is now launching a line of IoT networking products that will integrate with its existing network controllers. The idea is to create a way to safely bring IoT traffic into the larger enterprise network and do away with all of the proprietary connectivity silos that have so far been a hallmark of IoT communications.
To read the article in it’s entirety, please click here.
WatchGuard Launches Threat Landscape Visualization Tool
for better understanding security threats
WatchGuard® Technologies, a leader in advanced network security solutions, today announced new research findings from its Internet Security Report for Q4 2017. Among the report’s most notable findings, threat intelligence from Firebox appliances protecting small and midsize businesses (SMBs) and distributed enterprises around the world showed that total malware attacks are up by 33 percent, and that cyber criminals are increasingly leveraging Microsoft Office documents to deliver malicious payloads. WatchGuard has also launched a new Threat Landscape data visualization tool, available for the public to access to daily updates about the most prevalent computer and network security threats affecting SMBs and distributed enterprises.
Food for Thought
Change up your routine with Shrimp & Spinach Quiche
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- To prepare crust: Whisk whole-wheat flour and all-purpose flour with salt in a medium bowl. Cut butter into small pieces; using your fingers, quickly rub the butter into the dry ingredients until smaller but still visible.
- Add sour cream and oil; toss with a fork to combine with the dry ingredients. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of ice water over the mixture. Toss with a fork until evenly moist; if the mixture seems dry, add up to 1 more tablespoon water. Knead the dough in the bowl a few times—the mixture may still be a little crumbly—then firmly press into a disk. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To prepare filling & bake quiche: Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add onions and ⅛ teaspoon salt; cook, stirring frequently, until the onions start to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add water, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are golden brown and very soft, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool while you roll out the crust.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment or wax paper and roll into a 12- to 13-inch circle, dusting the top with a little flour, as needed. (If chilled more than 1 hour, let the dough stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before rolling.) Place the prepared pie pan upside down in the center of the dough. Holding one hand on top of the pan and the other hand underneath the paper, flip pan and dough over so the dough is lining the pan. Remove the paper and patch any tears in the dough. Trim the crust so it evenly overhangs the edge by about 1 inch, then tuck the edges under at the rim and crimp with your fingers or a fork.
- Spread the caramelized onions in the bottom of the crust. Layer spinach and shrimp on top of the onions and sprinkle with oregano. Top with cheese. Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, sour cream, pepper and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Bake the quiche until puffed and firm when touched in the center, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. To serve, cut into 8 pieces.